On the southwestern coast of India is a stunning state that is rich in white sandy beaches, festivals of all kinds, and tonnes of foot traffic. Goa is an ideal destination for anyone traveling across the Atlantic, looking for a taste of beauty and fun.
Goa has been ranked as the best placed, due to its high-quality infrastructure, and it has the highest GDP per capita in India, thanks to its coastal region being rich in a variety of minerals and ores. It also has significant historical value, having been a territory under Portuguese rule for 450 years, until 1961, when it was annexed. So naturally, it is filled with numerous Heritage Sites that, to this day, remain extremely pleasing to the eye.
It is home to many lovely forts, temples, cathedrals and numerous other gorgeous structures. In addition to that, the beaches of Goa, like Dona Paula coast, are a major ground for film festivals, music festivals, and many, many visitors.
These stunning photos will take you all across this lovely state, its exquisite beaches and through its capital city Panjim, also known as Panaji, which is filled with impressive attractions and remnants from the past.
1. Palolem beach
2. Chapora River and its Colony of Birds
3. Cathedral of Saint Cajetan in Velha Goa
4. Fontainhas Quarter, Panjim (Panaji)
5. Rock engravings at Usgalimal
6. Mahadev Temple
7. Se Cathedral, Old Goa
8. Dona Paula Coast
Boats at Dona Paula Coast
Rocks at Dona Paula Coast
Statue at Dona Paula
9. Big Vagator Beach, along with Fort Chapora
10. The Head of Lord Shiva and the Cobra Statue, at Little Vagator Beach
11. Aerial View of Vasco Da Gama
12. Dudhsagar Waterfalls
Railway Track Running Through Dudhsagar Falls
Bottom of Dudhsagar Falls
13. Hindu-Christianity Unity Memorial at Miramar Beach.
14. Our Lady of Immaculate Conception Church in Panaji
15. Shanta Durga temple at Kavlem
16. 3rd Goa Film Festival (the 9th of which was held in 2018)